What to Do In A Gas Emergency
Can you smell gas?
Headaches… nausea… dizziness?
Gas leaks repaired within hours not days. Call now for immediate reconnection.
The following is a best practice guide to dealing with a potential gas leak.
Gas is usually a safe and easy way to heat your house but it can also be potentially dangerous if a leak occurs or an appliance is faulty.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas boilers, cookers and fires can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
In a gas emergency act quickly and take the following safety steps:
- Get fresh air immediately. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
- Switch off the appliance and do not use it again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer
- Turn off the gas supply at the mains
- Do not turn lights on or off and avoid using other electrical switches and appliances as this could trigger an explosion.
- Do not smoke, light a match or any other naked flame.
- If you are feeling ill visit your GP or the hospital immediately and tell them that your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Contact Prime Gas Services, your local Gas Safe registered engineer to check and fix the appliance.
Prime Gas Services, Gas Leak Repair Specialists;
Service within Hours Not Days!
For same day service call us on:
[Quick Contact Boxes]